Which are the 8 gates of Paradise, and what is the meaning of these gates?? and please tell me which gate is for which deed?
Fatwaa no. 272/05
The eight doors of Jannah are as follows:
1) Baabus Salaah: Those who were punctual in observing their Salaah will be granted entry through this door.
2) Baabul Jihad: Those who participated in Jihad will be granted entry through this door.
3) Baabus Sadaqah: Those who frequently gave Sadaqah will be admitted into Jannah through this door.
4) Baabur Rayyaan: The people who constantly observed the fast will be granted entry through this door.
5) Baabul Hajj: Those who observe the pilgrimage will be admitted through this door.
6) Baabul Kaazimeenal Ghaiz Wal ‘Aafina ‘Anin Naas: This door is reserved for those who suppress their anger and pardon others.
7) Baabul Aiman: This door is reserved for the entry of such people who are saved from reckoning and chastisement.
8) Baabuz Zikr: Those who excessively remembered Allah will be admitted through this door.
The abovementioned gates have been proven from authentic Ahadeeth. It is beyond our ken to understand the nature of these gates, and the manner in which one will enter them. Allamah Ibn Hajar has recorded the possibility that these doors are found inside paradise after entering the main gate.
And Allah Ta’ala knows best
Ebrahim bin Zainul Abedeen Backus
Attested to as correct by:
Mufti Muhammad Ashraf
27 August 2005
21 Rajab 1426
Send mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or
comments about this web site.